Why Connect LinkedIn Ads to Google Sheets?
LinkedIn's Campaign Manager provides a wealth of data, but it sometimes falls short for B2B marketers who require more comprehensive data analysis. Spreadsheets, on the other hand, are a flexible tool that can help marketers to slice, dice, pivot, and combine datasets to gain a more thorough view of campaign performance. Particularly, with tools like Dokin, it becomes easy to create insightful dashboards that provide a clear overview of campaign performance. Connecting LinkedIn Ads to Google Sheets becomes essential to bridge this gap effectively. This guide will introduce you to the automation solution provided by Dokin.
How to Link LinkedIn to Google Sheets
How do I link LinkedIn to Google Sheets?
To begin, let's understand the step-by-step process of linking LinkedIn Ads to Google Sheets using Dokin:
- 1. Install Dokin's one-click connector to your Google Sheets.
- 2. Connect Dokin to your LinkedIn Ads account.
- 3. Benefit from Dokin's real-time data updates, ensuring you always have the most current data for better analysis.
Dokin's user-friendly approach simplifies the connection process and saves you valuable time, eliminating the need for manual data transfers.
Extracting Data from LinkedIn to Google Sheets
How do I extract data from LinkedIn to Google Sheets?
Dokin streamlines the process of importing LinkedIn Ads data into your Google Sheets, eliminating manual efforts and reducing the chances of errors. With Dokin, you can efficiently extract and manage your LinkedIn Ads data within the familiar interface of Google Sheets.
Adding Ads to Google Sheets
How do I add ads to Google Sheets?
Dokin seamlessly integrates LinkedIn Ads data into Google Sheets, allowing you to work with up-to-date information for reporting and analysis. Say goodbye to stale dashboards and manual data entry; Dokin ensures that changes in your LinkedIn data are instantly reflected in your Google Sheets.
Getting Started with Dokin
Step 1: Install the Dokin add-on in Google Sheets by clicking Extensions on the top menu. Then navigate to the Add-ons menu from the dropdown and click Get add-ons.
Enter Dokin in the Google Workspace Marketplace search bar. Click the Dokin app and follow the installation steps.
Select your Google account. Click Allow to authorize Dokin’s access to the required permissions to complete installation.
After installation, launch the Dokin app from the Google Sheets menu. Click Extensions>Dokin | Sync data - HubSpot, Airtable, GA4 & more>Start.
You’ll see Dokin running as a sidebar on your Google Sheets. You can now start syncing live data from LinkedIn Ads into your Google spreadsheet.
Step 2: Select “Connect New Data” from the Dokin sidebar.
Choose LinkedIn Ads from the list of data sources.
Choose whether to import from scratch or an existing template.
Step 3: Connect your LinkedIn Ads account
Connect to your LinkedIn Ads account. To do that click on log in and select your LinkedIn account, grant permissions and you are good to go!
Step 4: Select the data and tables you want to import. Add filters or sorting options. Choose a specific period for your report for your report. Dokin provides a data inline preview for LinkedIn Ads.
The data inline previewer allows you to import tables to have a quick overview of what your table import is going to look like, make edits or adjustments in the metrics and pivot display.
Step 5: Click Connect. Your data should auto-populate inside your spreadsheet in seconds.
Assign a Name to your Import
Choose a meaningful name for your import process. This name will help you easily identify and manage your imported data within Dokin.
Enter a Name for your Import
Set Up Scheduled Refresh
This option will automatically refresh your data at specific intervals. You can choose the frequency, including the day and time, and configure notifications to receive alerts when data is refreshed.
An automatic refresh means that at your specified intervals, the information imported into your Google Sheets will be automatically updated. This ensures that your data remains accurate and reflects the latest changes.
Google Slides and Google Docs
An automatic refresh means that at your specified intervals, the information inserted into your Google Slides or Google Docs will be refreshed. This dynamic updating ensures that your presentations and documents always reflect the most current data, saving you the hassle of manual updates.
Specify how often you want Dokin to automatically refresh your imported data. This ensures that your data remains current without requiring manual updates.
The frequencies are available:
- No Automatic Refresh (default, you’ll need to manually click on the refresh button)
- Weekly: Data refreshes every week. Select a specific day of the week and time for data refresh.
- Daily: Data refreshes every day. Choose the time for daily data updates.
- Hourly: Data refreshes every hour.
- 15 mins: Data refreshes every 15 minutes.
You can opt to receive notifications each time your data is refreshed. The available notification options include:
- None: No notifications will be sent.
- Slack: You will receive a Slack message whenever your data is refreshed. If it's your first time selecting this option, you'll be prompted to connect to your Slack workspace.
- Email: You will receive an email notification each time your data is refreshed.
You can define an auto refresh for your data, with notifications
Expanding Data Integration with Dokin
Dokin goes beyond Google Sheets. You can extend your data integration to Google Docs and Google Slides, allowing you to create comprehensive reports and presentations seamlessly.
Use Cases for Google Docs and Google Slides Integration
Consider the possibilities:
- Automated Reports: Automatically populate Google Docs with real-time data from your Ads performance, keeping your reports up to date, on the go.
- Dynamic Presentations: Create dynamic presentations in Google Slides that pull data directly from your synced LinkedIn Ads account.
Dokin vs. Other Solutions
When it comes to connecting LinkedIn Ads to Google Sheets, there are various methods available. However, Dokin stands out as the most efficient and user-friendly option, as well as the most economical.
Exploring Other Methods
While Dokin offers a user-friendly and automated solution, it's essential to acknowledge alternative methods such as Supermetrics, Coefficient, Coupler and Google Sheets Apps Script. However, Dokin stands out as an all-in-one solution that simplifies the data integration process for modern business teams.
- Price: Dokin offers a more affordable pricing compared to existing solutions. For examples, Supermetrics starts at $69, compared to Dokin’s $39 equivalent plan.
- A more complete offer for Reporting: Unlike other solutions, Dokin is not only limited to syncing data in spreadsheets, but also in Slides and Docs. It allows you to automate all steps of your reporting.
- 2-way sync: When it comes to syncing data with bases like HubSpot CRM, Trello or Retable, Dokin also allows you to make edits and add records in your spreadsheet and push back data from your spreadsheet to your original sources.
See how we compare:
Dokin vs Google Apps Script
Alternatively you can connect LinkedIn Ads to Google Sheets using AppScript.
However this choice is not ideal and comes with few limitations. For example:
Aimed at technical users – You’ll need to have a firm coding background and Google Apps Script knowledge to use Google App Script.
Debugging – Even technical users spend quite a lot of time debugging and maintaining the App Script function used for the import.
In conclusion, the ability to connect LinkedIn Ads to Google Sheets is a game-changer for marketers seeking more in-depth data analysis. Dokin provides a comprehensive solution that not only simplifies the process but also ensures that you always work with up-to-date information. Streamline your data reporting and analysis, save valuable hours, and make better-informed decisions with Dokin.